Online Test and Tag Course
One Day, Nationally Recognised Online Test and Tag CourseThis online test and tag course is nationally recognised, and once completed provides the student with the needed qualifications of OHS and Testing and Tagging (UEENEEP026A, UEENEEE101A).
Gain these Nationally Recognised certificates:+ UEENEEE101A: Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace + UEENEEP026A: Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord assemblies and cord connected equipment
Benefits to our online test and tag course
– This course can be completed at your own pace. If you have existing electrical knowledge you can complete this course very quickly or, take your time to work through all of the units if you are more inexperienced. It is really up to you.
– There is always the option to replay anything not immediately understood, even after completion of the course.
– Unlike in a typical training environment, the trainer is always available to help you with any of your test and tag enquires even after the completion of the course.
* Please note: If you are from QLD and looking to start your own test and tag business you are required to complete an electrical contractors license as well as a test & tag course. The QLD Government licensing forms can be DOWNLOADED HERE.
How long does this course take to complete?
This online course can be completed within 1- 2 days after registration papers are submitted and login details provided. However, this course is designed to be done at the students own pace. There is no time limit on this course and videos and information can continue to be viewed after completion.
What is covered in this online course?
There are about 20 videos to watch which include the topics:
• Personal Safety
• Basic electrical terminology
• Australian New Zealand standard AS/NZ 3760
• Inspection and testing equipment
• Tagging and document control
• Insulation resistance and continuity test
• Using insulation resistance, continuity tester and portable appliance tester
Is this course suitable for Queensland?
This online course is a nationally accredited Test and Tag certificate issued by www.time.net.au (RTO No.40058) and is suitable for any state in Australia for someone wishing to test and tag professionally.
However, in Queensland, to carry out this work as a business as well as completing the course you must also hold a Queensland electrical contractor licence that permits this type of work.
Also note that in Queensland replacing plug tops is considered electrical work and licence requirements apply. You should contact the Electrical Safety Office before commencing this course.
For more information about Queensland requirements, visit electricalsafety.qld.gov.au.
Is there a practical test? and how is it carried out?
Yes there is, this is done in one of two ways, a video recording or a Skype call, in which the trainee will preform the learnt test and tag procedure using test equipment (PAT Tester) on a single phase appliance.
Do I require any prior knowledge for this course?
You do not require any previous electrical experience or knowledge to complete this course, however basic english literacy in reading and writing is required.
Do I receive a nationally recognised certificate?
Yes, you do, our online course combines two nationally recognised courses in order for you to become a qualified and competent Tester & Tagger.
- UEENEEP026A- Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord assemblies and cord connected equipment
- UEENEEE101A – Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
Organised in conjuction with nationally recognised training organisation – Time Training – RTO: 40058
How much does this test and tag training cost?
We have 2 online courses at $395 & $530. We offer in-house training on price on application.
Do I need to buy test equipment before I start?
No, but you will eventually need to either purchase or rent equipment for the final assessment to be completed. Give us a call on 1300 303 759 and we will help guide you to select the best equipment for your needs.
Is 3-Phase testing included in the course?
3-Phase Testing is not specifically covered.
How are the assessments done?
There are 3 assessments the first two are theory-based while the other is practical. The two theory-based assessments are an open book multi-choice answer format. The practical assessment is done over Skype as the student needs to demonstrate their knowledge and use of a PAT tester.
There is a very comprehensive checklist of what to film and all the questions that will be asked. The trainer is always available for additional training before assessments but is not usually needed.